"Art does not reproduce the visible, it makes things visible in the first place."

Paul Klee, 1879-1940

Thursday, January 06, 2011

I'm tryin' to stay positive in the new year, but come ON... =-/

Wellll, I was going to show you pictures of my new refridge cuz it's really groovy and shiny and clean and purty and I was pretty excited about it...well, as excited as I could be having had to replace the old one the week or two before Christmas...But, oh boy, guess what...NOW I have to replace the washer since it died day before yesterday...with a load of clothes in it, of course...is there any other way to actually KNOW that it died? No, there isn't.  I just bought the new one, it will be here Tuesday...so no laundry till then (and probably no groceries for awhile, gee whiz!)...and the excitment of the sort-of-too-expensive fridge has lost its glow, now that I had to spend sort-of-too-much for the washer, too...The dryer still works, and we're keeping it until it doesn't, or at least until I can feel better about buying one to match.  All this is not sitting too well with me right now.  Especially since, as other NYers can verify, one of the 3 (!!!!!!) yearly tax bills for the NY house came recently. 

I tell ya...I think I need some chocolate or something...probably more something than anything...

5 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Darling, you can come cry on my shoulder. We had the most expensive year ever in 2010--the refrigerator, washer, dryer, icemaker, 1 of our 2 AC units, 2 computers -- all died. And, none of them seemed to be very old-less than 10 years on all but the computers. It felt like every time we turned around we were handing out $1000 bills. I was a little sick to my stomach but Wes took it in stride.

On the flipside, I absolutely love my fridge-it's the new style with the twin doors and bottom freezer. I didn't think I wanted the "laudromat" style washer/dryer but I bought them & totally love them. Wes, to his credit, has not said, "I told you so!".

I'm not sure we have any money left for anything to die this year! I couldn't wait for 2010 to end!

Jody said...

i do love your profile bee - and i can surely identify with your appliance crisis!!!! Sliding backward - did you get the bread maker???? P.S. the word verification for me is "befolks" LOL!!! That's US!

Rian said...

Let's see...the fireplace broke. Oven caught on fire (a goner). The fridge needed service (fixed). Gas meter had a leak, but the gas man fixed it (free). All in the last three weeks. My sister said, "Whatever you do, don't run the garbage disposal! They always break at the holidays."

I feel yer pain.

Barbara C said...

Hopefully appliances aren't like movie stars and don't die in threes. I think most of my appliances date to when I bought this house, so they tend to expire on the same cycle. And of course they don't last as long as the old ones used to, but that's another conversation.

I'd say chocolate is in order, and maybe a milkshake too to toast the washer.

jenclair said...

How frustrating! I'm recommending a glass of wine, but the milkshake tastes better.