"Art does not reproduce the visible, it makes things visible in the first place."

Paul Klee, 1879-1940

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Hey! Yay!

I meant to write this earlier but got sidetracked =-) I'm watching my recorded Civil War programs (Ken Burns on PBS, a rerun series) This is such a good series and I am engrossed!

So, I got myself into the endo yesterday, Wednesday (my appointment wasn't until Friday,) because I just could NOT take it any longer.  I called yet again and figured if I refused to hang up the phone and did not give up they would figure out how to fit me in...and, guess what, they did!  Boy, was the endodontist, himself, angry that the receptionists (two different ones) had made me wait when I was in such agony!  In a way, that made me happy, but on the other hand, it frustrated me that I had to go through so much so needlessly since he would have had me come in had he known the true extent of what I was going through.

Well, anyway. Here I am. Let me tell you, I never looked forward to a root canal or dental office visit more than I did this one!  And I am SO enjoying being able to drink hot tea again!  It is a.MAZ.ing to not be in constant pain or dealing with vicodin induced lightheadedness. The endo said I would have residual pain for a few days but, really, I haven't noticed it at all and have not needed any pain meds since I walked out of there yesterday afternoon.  I felt good enough, in fact, to go watch DS and the country folk/rock band he plays bass in perform at a restaurant/pub at the beach last night.  That was fun! It's one of my favorite things to do =-)

Just wanted to let all my sweet friends and family who have worried about me and sent messages of comfort that I am GREAT now!!  Thanks for thinking of me and sending me your love!  Love you guys, too!

Maybe soon I will have a photo or two of projects I've been working on...now that would be new and different after all this time =-)  My cable cushion is nearing completion; I think I like it...

So, stay tuned.  I am not planning on writing any more of these boring, whiny, photoless posts!

xo, D.

6 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I'm sure you are glad that's a thing of the past!

Rian said...

Yay, I am sooooo happy for you! Bring on the ice cream!

Tracy said...

VERY glad you are pain-free Debby... happy all went well in the end. :o) That Ken Burns Civil War series is one of the best things, isn't it... terrible that period of history, but that documentary series is engrossing! Thanks for you lovely comment at my place. I'm still having a hard time eating meat, and so I'm mostly doing vegetarian still. I tried eating beef this week... it didn't go well... LOL! I tried lamb and it was OK, but then had "problems" with chicken... so we'll see how it goes. ;o) Just trying to get my iron levels up! Anyway, happy weekend to you & yours ((HUGS))

jenclair said...

You "sound" great! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your son's band and have a good time after all you've been through!

Barbara C said...

I'm sure it's a relief to not be in pain. I'm glad you're better.

. said...

So glad to hear you are almost pain free... what a nightmare it has been for you!
Thanks for your lovely comments as always, x