"Art does not reproduce the visible, it makes things visible in the first place."

Paul Klee, 1879-1940

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quilt Content! Quilt Content! Quilt Content!



I have finished piecing the quilt top I've been working on for the Quilt of Valor project. Here it is up on the flannel... This one is going to one of the generals Debra told us about. I am so happy to have it done! I really like it, I love it in fact. But it was a bit tedious...especially those 25 patch blocks. It was tricky getting the border squares to fit, what with sewing discrepencies within the quilt itself...but I think they worked out ok, no huge rippling of the outside edge =-)...Now that it is done I am glad I did it, that I used those blocks. I used only fabrics from my bins, and hope to only use fabrics from my bins for the backing and binding, too. It is scrappy, but controlled scrappy. I love this kind of quilt, I love the quirky surprises when studying the fabrics while cuddled under a quilt like this. I hope the general likes it, too =-)

7 comments:

Deborah M. said...

i love it, it makes me want to make one like it. you know me, i love the scrappy quilts. Even the out of control ones.

Debra Dixon said...

What's even better is that you used everything from your bins! Did you make a dent???

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quilt! Nice to see you sewing again!

Deb Geyer said...

I'm sure the general will like it!

jenclair said...

Beautiful! I love the effect of the border, Debby!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I've been missing the last few days due to lack of glasses. Glad I checked in. This is just marvelous and I know the general will love it. I agree your border does something really nice!

AllisonK said...

beautiful quilt!!!