"Art does not reproduce the visible, it makes things visible in the first place."

Paul Klee, 1879-1940

Thursday, March 04, 2010

 I am always finding pertinent quotes when I read, no matter the genre.  Unfortunately, my books come in and go out of my house quickly because I share them and send them on their way as soon as I am done with them these days.  I rarely feel the need to have a book returned to me and I like to think of them making their way around the reader world on a never-ending journey.  Since so many of my books were out the door, and looking in each book for my underlining and highlighting was not practical, I needed a way to keep track of my quotes...so I started writing them in a journal, which has been fun.  I love going back and picking random pages and reading over what I thought was inspirational or important to remember at any given time.  Sometimes I find doodles or sketches in there, too, or lists of something I need to do or buy, or random thoughts I felt the need to write down.  It's a little snapshot of a window of time in my life as I sat and drank my tea and read my book and pondered.  This is the first journal I used for this purpose.  I have always loved the design, it's very quilty...Actually, it is a photo of a quilt...I would love to make one inspired by it someday.  And I LOVE that color combo...especiallly the...ORANGE!  Have a great day!

No comments: