"Art does not reproduce the visible, it makes things visible in the first place."

Paul Klee, 1879-1940

Monday, March 08, 2010


I love this orange jacket, although it is a little tight right now so I can't really wear it.  It is sparkly and casual at the same time...hard to beat that.  I bought it in NY a few summers ago on a sale rack for about $15...I mean, I really had to get it for that price.  Unfortunately that was when I was a few pounds lighter and since it's a little fitted, um, it looked better on me then than it does now =-/...and I could button it then.  Sheesh, I remember when I was younger I wished I would have bigger boobs...Well, it seems that when I put on weight that's when I get them...I'd really rather not have big boobs, I guess...such wisdom comes with age...now if I could just get wiser and get rid of my butt, too...sigh...

Ok, so...I'm tired of the whole posting orange everyday thing...heh...What can I say, I get bored easily...So, I think a week was enough... It was fun and I learned that a theme for me only lasts about a week then it is time to move on...I wonder what I'll come up with next...if anything...=-) 

I've been hand quilting like a (sorta) fiend on my Jane Stickle quilt since the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.  I find it relaxing and I love seeing it get ever nearer to completion...I'm not promising that I won't put it away again and let it simmer some more at some point (Did I already say this?  Sounds familiar.) In fact, I'm fairly certain I can promise that it definitely WILL go back to simmer! In any case, I'm enjoying it now...

"They" say one more night of light rain then we will have a "warming trend."  I love that we have had so much good rain recently, though, because it makes the hills green.  The longer they are green, the longer I like it here and don't start pining for NY...which will start soon enough.  But, we have a cruise at the end of May and into June before I can even start thinking about my little house...Well, actually, I think about it all the time...but before I can think about GOING to it...My sister did a drive by today and sent me a snowy picture of it, it looks so sweet and lonely...but I can wait a few months...had enough snow and cold for this year in Scotland ...yep...

Have a great week everyone.  Hope you enjoyed the orange thing while it lasted =-)  Since this is my birthday week, I may just have to come up with some way to celebrate...=-)

D.

6 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I have a bunch of clothes that don't fit for exactly the same reason! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, my sweet friend!

Unknown said...

The above comment is from Rian. Jim was checking his email and forgot to switch it back, hee hee.

Rian said...

Hee hee, it's really me. I want that orange jacket!

Debra Dixon said...

You can always go around the color wheel. It's been nice seeing you post something more than nothing.

jenclair said...

Loved the orange week! And the jacket!

It has turned into spring here almost overnight. DEE LIGHT FUL!